Best Gaming Monitor Under 200
It is not mandatory to spend a big chunk of money on a gaming monitor in order to have a great experience while playing your PC games. That’s because a decent monitor with some good features and specifications can also be bought at a price under $200. If that is your intention of finding a monitor within your budget, check out our list as we dissect the best gaming monitor under 200.
Being less versatile, these budget gaming monitors will still offer you more than what you can ever expect at such a low price. If you are in search of such monitors, you have landed here on the right web page. We have completed in-depth research and created a list of our top-5 favorite and the gaming monitors. These monitors are all well deserving to be in our list for the best gaming monitor under 200.
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a gaming monitor, it is important to weigh your options and understand exactly what you need before buying them as there are many factors to consider. Flicker rate, refresh rate, gloss vs matte screens, tilt, inputs and many other variables come into play. Still, for $200, there are many great options to consider.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
In spite of being quite affordable, this monitor from BenQ offers a bunch of top features that you will definitely fall in love with. The response time offered by the monitor is 1ms that is quite rapid. There is an ultra-low input lag technology and it is just because of this technology that you will have an experience of great performance with this monitor all the time. And, as far as the refresh rate is concerned, it can offer up to 75 Hz.
When it comes to the status of the manufacturing company, BenQ, it is well known to everyone. And, no one would deny its presence for the last many years in the market of TVs, monitors and other electronic products. With so many years of experience in the field, they are very well aware of what gamers actually need.
- 24" 1920 x 1080 (1080p) Full HD Display supporting up to 75 Hz (configure through GPU settings).
- 1ms Response Time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting and lag, providing you the optimal console gaming experience.
- Exclusive Black eQualizer technology to enhance color representation and visual clarity, giving you the advantage on the battlefield.
- Optimized display presets for RTS, FPS, and Fighting Game modes, along with Smart Scaling/Display Mode to create custom screen sizes, giving users a complete customized viewing experience.
- Flicker free technology with a special bezel frame to minimize visual distractions and reduce eye strain, increasing your comfort for intensive gaming sessions.
The next model in this list of the best budget gaming monitors is also from the same manufacturer, BenQ. It comes with a 16 mm slim display and the design is also something that you will surely appreciate. The response time is 2ms which is considered to be fast enough to make you enjoy your games. With a number of good features, the overall performance that you are going to have with it is really great. Another important thing about this awesome monitor is that you will not have to face a very high level of eye fatigue while using it. That’s because the monitor comes with a ZeroFlicker technology that offers no flickering.
- 1ms response time for lightning fast gaming performance and ZeroFlicker technology for minimized eye strain and improved eye comfort during long hours of work or gaming
- Low Blue Light Technology filters out harmful blue light, effectively diminishing eye fatigue and irritation. Display Area (mm) 531.3x298.8
- ZeroFlicker technology virtually eliminates flicker at all brightness levels for minimized eye strain and improved eye comfort during long hours of use. Power Consumption (on mode.)- 25W. Power Consumption (based on Energy Star) - 17.48W
- Full HD 1080p 16:9; Dimensions with Wall Mount (HxWxD mm w/o base) 565 x 333 x 54. OS Compatibility- Windows 7,Windows 8,Windows 8.1
- 16mm slim bezel display, high-gloss frame and base, and carbon fiber-patterned back – ideal for work or home use, 3 year warranty
With a purpose to help you keep the input lag minimum, this monitor comes with a technology named as GameFast technology. Thus you will always be offered a rapid response time while using the monitor. There is flexible connectivity of dual HDMI, making it possible for you to easily connect your PC to the model with the use of the provided ports. Another one of the most important advantages of the model is its AMD FreeSync technology. This technology offers great experience in racing and the strategy games of real-time. Flicker-free technology is also there, giving you another reason for buying it. The overall performance is great and you must consider this gaming monitor while making your final buying decision.
- 1ms response time Featuring ASUS game Fast input technology and dual HDMI ports for a smooth console gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive Game Visual & GAME plus functions to enhance color performance and control
- Free Sync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75 Hz refresh rate for a tear-free experience with AMD Radeon GPU
This gaming monitor offers a display with IPS technology which makes it possible for you to have a uniform quality irrespective of the angle at which you are viewing it. Just like gamers, the monitor is great even for video editors as well as graphic designers due to the great color reproduction offered by it. You will have a great gaming experience with good visibility even in the dark scenes. And, this has become possible with the presence of the black stabilizer that this monitor comes with. With flicker-free technology and other awesome features, the monitor offers a good overall performance to its users.
- 21:9 ultra wide IPS display
- SRGB over 99 percent
- PIP mode in screen split; Response time 5ms (High); Brightness (cd/m2) 250(Typ), 200(min) cd/m2
- Game Mode; Black Stabilizer; Compatibility Windows 10; Set the color to 24 bit
- Without Stand (WxHxD) 24 x 2.2 x 11.3 inches; With Stand (WxHxD) 24 x 7.4 x 15.1 inches
The last monitor in this list of best gaming monitors under $200 is this one from HP. Since the monitor comes with an IPS technology, the viewing experience will be great no matter from which angle you view it. There are available ports like HDMI, VGA and some other ports for easy connectivity. In order to help the user to secure the cable, the monitor comes with a cable lock. The design is quite modern and it is something that will make you fall in love with it. In addition, energy-saving is also possible with this gaming monitor due to the LED backlight technology that it possesses. I personally have two of these bad boys hooked up to my laptop that is on our list of best gaming laptops in 2020.
- Amazing angles: Share consistent high-color fidelity with In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology across a 25-inch diagonal screen. A stunning vantage point for everyone, from almost any angle
- Distinctively modern and accessible: The contemporary thin profile is enhanced by the modern white and silver colors. The open wedge stand design provides convenient access to VGA and dual HDMI ports
- Captivating imagery: Color and clarity radiate from the screen with Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, incredible 10,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 16:9 aspect ratio, and quick 7ms response time
- Share your photos, videos, and games from almost any angle with Technicolor certified Full HD imagery on the HP Pavilion 25xw IPS LED Backlit Monitor
- Note: Refer the User Guide before use. HP monitors are designed as ‘plug and play’ for all OS
Best Gaming Monitor
All of the 5 gaming monitors listed above are the best picks for 2020 as far as this price range (under $200) is concerned. You can choose any one of the aforementioned products and you will be able to make the most out of your gaming hours. Depending on the types of video games being played, and your own personal preferences, there should be a monitor that is perfect for you and your gaming setup.
One thing worth noting is that you’ll want to make sure that you check before buying the best gaming monitor under 200 are the inputs and your refresh rates. There are plenty of adapters for inputs but you’ll want to avoid more expenses if you can. As for the refresh rates, if your game is competitive and requires high refresh rates, like Call of Duty and League of Legends, you’ll want to choose the gaming monitor with the best refresh rates.