Best Gaming Laptop Under 2000
When buying a gaming laptop, it is common to fear the word “budget”. Any gamer or computer enthusiast aiming to get a reasonably powerful laptop will consider avoiding budget builds as they are typically under-powered. However, 2000 dollars is more than enough to buy a top-notch laptop, be it for gaming or even real-time rendering or software development. Some readers may wonder why buying a laptop for $2000 is and option when you could easily get a powerful desktop PC. Well, the answer could be explained in just one word: portability.
If you’re a student or someone who regularly commutes to and from their workplace, then you must surely know the importance of being able to carry your work computer with you. In this price range, you’ll be able to find desktop-like performance in a portable and convenient presentation. You’ll also get the benefit of higher refresh rates and crisper displays, perfect for gaming and media playback. This is a very competitive price range, and some of the components that manufacturers choose to install on their laptops are very similar between brands. The deciding factor in this range would be materials, build quality and overall look and feel of the laptop, which means you’ll end up choosing the laptop that most closely represents your style.
To help you choose among the many different options available on the market, we’ve narrowed down the best gaming laptop under 2000 onto a list, that you can buy on Amazon. Keep in mind that, while costly, these laptops guarantee at least a couple of years’ worth of use, so you may think of this budget as a future investment.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
5. Acer Predator Helios 300 – Best Budget Gaming Laptop
Acer is a well-known brand in the budget laptop segment. Some users swear by their name when it comes to achieving a good balance between price and quality, and the Predator Helios 300 achieves that sweet-spot perfectly. Featuring a powerful i7 processor and a GTX 1660ti, this laptop includes everything you’ll need to play the latest games at 60 frames per second and the highest settings, at least at 1080p.
The Intel i7-9750H is one of the latest processors in this range, with an excellent performance in single-core scenarios, ideal for games that need high bandwidth in a single-thread. This processor comes paired with an Nvidia GTX 1660ti, a powerhouse of a GPU able to deliver amazing visuals with great performance. Additionally, the laptop’s screen is an FHD LED-backlit IPS panel with an amazing 144Hz refresh rate, minimizing ghosting and latency when playing games.
If online gaming is one of your main activities, then the Killer DoubleShot Pro technology on this laptop is a must for you. The Predator Helios 300 includes the latest in Intel Wi-Fi chipsets, delivering a solid connection and ‘killer’ Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2.4 Gbps. This chipset also reduces latency when multitasking, a vital feature for streamers mindful of their connection speeds.
All of this is kept cool by Acer’s 4th gen Aeroblade 3D fan technology, delivering up to 45% better airflow compared to other plastic fans. This active cooling solution guarantees a longer lifespan for your laptop, even after numerous long gameplay sessions. Nighttime gameplay is also made possible thanks to the Predator Helios 300’s blue-backlit keyboard, complete with special ‘WASD’ keys for the ultimate “gamer” look.
If we had to list a weakness, then that’d be the lack of a conventional SATA port for 2.5” drives, meaning that your only option of expanding storage is to get another NVMe stick. The Acer Predator Helios 300 comes with two slots for NVMe SSDs and comes with a 512 GB SSD already installed in one of them, providing super-fast boot times and snappy overall performance.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Upto 4. 5 gramHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M. 2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard | LAN: Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless-AX 1650 WiFi 6 802. 11ac | 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
4. Asus ROG Strix Scar II – Best Highend Gaming Laptop
Looking to jump straight into a new generation of graphics and budget is not an issue? Then the Asus ROG Strix Scar II will be right up your alley. This laptop includes the RTX series of graphics cards by Nvidia, capable of rendering real-time ray tracing; coupled with a big and crisp display, Asus has produced a serious contender for the title of ultimate gaming laptop.
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 comes with 8GBs of VRAM, more than enough to enjoy the ray-tracing capabilities of the RTX series. This new function appears in some of the latest games, and results in improved reflections and an overall more ‘realistic’ look, compared to older solutions such as screen-space reflections.
Compared to the outstanding graphics card, the 8th generation Intel i7-8750H processor might seem like a relic. This doesn’t mean that this processor will let you down any time soon, delivering great performance and great loading times. The decision of not implementing a 9th generation processor might come down to temperatures and power concerns.
An RTX series graphics card would be wasted on a standard display; that’s exactly why Asus equipped the ROG Strix Scar II with an outstanding 17.3” FHD IPS type display. While this itself doesn’t sound unique, the catch is its 144Hz refresh rate with a 3ms gray-to-gray response time, ensuring less lag between frames and less ghosting all around.
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core Processor
- 144Hz 3ms 17.3” FHD (1920x1080) IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda HDD | Windows 10 Home
- 802.11AC Wave 2 Gigabit Wi-Fi | Quad antennas and ROG RangeBoost technology provides up to 30% wider coverage
3. Razer Blade 15 – Best Rated Gaming Laptop
If you’re not a fan of the overly ‘gamer’ aesthetic seen in so many laptops in this price range and prefer a sleeker, more sober finish, Razer’s got you covered. The Razer Blade 15 is a powerful and elegant laptop with a compact design, just the thing you’ll want to take with you on your commute or moving around campus.
Inside the Razer Blade 15 you’ll find some top-notch components that’ll surely deliver a flawless gaming experience for some time to come. Intel’s i7-9750H is a 6-core monster more than capable of delivering a smooth experience in OS or any gaming scenario. Razer has clocked this chip at 2.6GHz base, capable of up to 4.5GHz in turbo mode.
On the graphics side, we have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti, complete with 6GB of GDDR6 VRAM, a killer configuration that’ll run any game that you throw at it, almost always at max settings and with minimal stutter. Sadly, the Razer Blade 15 comes with a 60Hz display, so the smoothness you could get from this graphics card will be a little downplayed by the laptop’s screen.
Razer outdid themselves with the laptop’s build quality: a sleek aluminum unibody design that’s also unexpectedly lightweight and slim, measuring just 0.78” thin. The Razer logo is the only thing that gives this laptop a ‘gamer’ look, and it’s light-up RGB keyboard has configurable backlight colors, so you can customize the Blade 15 to your liking. With all of these specs, it is no wonder why the Razer Blade 15 made it onto our list as it is absolutely a best gaming laptop under 2000.
- Perfect display for work or play: An edge-to-edge, 100% sRGB, factory-calibrated matte screen with a 60Hz refresh rate offers stunning visuals for intense gaming sessions or content creation
- Precision-crafted powerhouse: Built for gaming and creative work in a 0.78" thin, CNC anodized aluminum unibody
- Futureproof design: Supports SSD/HDD and dual-channel memory upgradeability, Thunderbolt 3 enabled, compatible with Razer Core X external GPU enclosures for additional graphics power
- Biometric security: Supports Windows Hello instant facial unlock and authentification with integrated webcam and IR sensor
- Customizable RGB lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors available with multiple preset profiles on a single-zone backlit keyboard
2. Gigabyte AERO 15 – Gaming Laptop With Longest Lasting Battery
Hands-down the best display on any laptop we’ve listed so far, the OLED display of the Gigabyte AERO 15 really lets you appreciate the definition that a great graphics card is capable of delivering. Toted as the “best content creation laptop”, the AERO’s powerful components make it a more than capable gaming machine.
First off, we have the well-known powerhouse that is the Intel i7-9750H processor. As an added bonus, the AERO comes equipped with 16GB DDR4 RAM, this coupled with the 512 GB SSD makes for unparalleled boot times and buttery-smooth performance in everyday OS tasks. All of this is backed up by a massive 94Wh battery, delivering up to 5 hours under stress tests. Battery life is usually overlooked, but if gaming is what you plan to do, you’ll want to consider a laptop with a long lasting battery. For this reason alone, we consider it a top contender for the best gaming laptop under 2000.
The display on the AERO 15 is a thing of beauty. OLED is rarely used in the laptop market, but the AERO upped the ante implementing a beautiful Samsung UHD 4K AMOLED panel. Backed up by the likes of Pantone and Vesa, the display on the AERO 15 is capable of displaying beautiful, true-to-life colors and an improved HDR that is really unmatched in this price range.
Speaking of durability, Gigabyte made the right call by encasing this laptop in a sturdy compressed aluminum body, providing a robust-yet-light construction that’s ideal for people who plan to use this laptop on the go. Productivity-focused users will also be delighted by the AERO’s choice of ports, including an RJ-45, SD Card reader and even a Thunderbolt 3 connector.
- 15.6" 3 millimeter ultra-thin bezel | Samsung UHD 3840x2160 Amoled display | 100%DCI-P3 Color Gamut, more colors than sRGB
- Best color accuracy: Individually calibrated and certified with X-Rite Pantone
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H 6 core processor w/ 2.6 GHz/4.5 GHz (base/max turbo)
- Powerful graphic performance: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660Ti GDDR6 6GB Supports NVIDIA Optimus technology to increase gaming experience
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Samsung DRAM module | M. 2 NVMe PCIe 512GB Intel 760P SSD | Windows 10 Home
1. MSI GS75 Stealth – Best Performance Gaming Laptop
Achieving a great balance between cost and power comes the MSI GS75 Stealth, a thin but powerful gaming laptop that’s sure to leave a lasting impression in the market. Packed with pretty much you’d want for gaming, the GS75 offers solid performance, provided you can get over its steep price.
Competitive gamers will be overjoyed by MSI’s 144Hz display, delivering response times below the 3ms mark. This fast response helps to minimize blurring and ghosting and provides an all-around smoother experience compared to 60Hz panels. Additionally, razor-thin bezels around the screen increase the laptop’s screen-to-body ratio, resulting in a pleasing and futuristic aesthetic.
The usual i7-9750H and GeForce 1660Ti combo shines again on this laptop, increasing the overall value and ensuring a smooth gaming experience and snappy response when doing everyday tasks with your laptop. MSI includes 16GB DDR4, just as an added measure to further increase this laptop’s value and extend its usefulness; the GS75 Stealth won’t be obsolete anytime soon.
The ‘Stealth’ part of this laptop’s name comes from its sleek profile that somehow still manages to house 3 fans, complete with 4 exhausts and 7 heat pipes. This laptop manages to stay cool under even the most demanding gaming sessions, extending its life expectancy considerably.
- Display: 17. 3" Fhd (1920x1080), 144Hz 3ms, IPS-Level 1920x1080 16: 9
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1660Ti 6G GDDR6
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750h 2. 6 - 4. 5GHz
- Memory: 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
- Storage: 1TB NV Me SSD. Killer Gb LAN
If you are looking for the best gaming laptop under 2000, there are many you can choose from on our list. Depending on the exact specifications you are looking for, and with considering your gaming style, these are the best options to choose from on Amazon. Whether you are looking for the highest rated, highest performing or just the best overall budget laptop, we recommend the ones on our top 5 list. Thank you for reading and be sure to let us know what you think. If you haven’t done so already, check out our other buying guides.