Best Gaming Laptop Under 1000
PC Gaming is going through a renewed period of mainstream popularity thanks to the many titles that are becoming available on the platform. Among many things, PC gaming has the particularity of being tied to your machine’s specs, and your experience with a certain game. While better visually than consoles, a PC might not deliver the same fluidity in terms of performance if you are not gaming with the right equipment. That is why we have put together this list which will go into detail on what the nest gaming laptop under 1000 features for specs and overall quality.
One of the drawbacks of gaming on a PC used to be the need for a dedicated station, an immovable nest of cables and heavy equipment that you weren’t able to move around your house freely, much less take it with you to campus or your friend’s house. Luckily, laptops have come a long way this past decade, and gaming laptops are all the rage among gamers these days.
If you want to get the best in gaming performance, but are currently on a budget, or are willing to get laptop gaming a chance without sacrificing a huge amount of money, then this is the list for you. We’ve rounded up the best gaming laptops under 1000, and these machines prove that, sometimes, you can get more than your money’s worth.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
5. Acer Nitro 5 – Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
A fan favorite ever since it first released, Acer’s Nitro 5 series of gaming laptops has everything an avid gamer on a budget would ever need. Currently, the Nitro 5 comes packed with an Intel i5-8300H, a solid processor specialized in workload and multitasking performance, ideal if you wish to stream while you game. It is our top budget choice if you are searching for the best gaming laptop under 1000.
On the graphics side, the Nitro 5 is available with a variety of graphics cards to choose from. For this list’s sake, we’re using the model that comes with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050. This graphics card comes with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated entirely to video, ensuring stellar performance on pretty much any game. This laptop is ideal if you don’t wish to settle for ‘medium’ settings when playing games, or need high FPS in online shooters.
The Nitro 5 is quite the looker, sporting a sleek ‘gamer’ design, complete with a red-backlit keyboard and full of angles and aggressive lines to complete the futuristic look. The laptop also includes an active cooling with two fans and a rear exhaust, that way the airflow won’t be obstructed if you rest it on your lap or on a pillow.
The screen is a crisp 15.6” IPS panel complete with full 1080p HD resolution, this is more than ideal if you’ll also do a little editing on the side. Aside from gaming, the Nitro 5 is a solid contender in the content creating department, ensuring that this is a multitasking machine fit for any of your needs. Sadly, the laptop comes with an HDD, but you can easily swap this shortcoming with a more powerful SSD.
- 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB GDDR5 for superior gaming performance and multitasking, Wireless Mouse and Mouse Pad Included
- Quad-Core 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H 2. 3GHz Processor (8M Cache, up to 4. 0 GHz), Backlit Keyboard
- 15. 6-inch Widescreen Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) ComfyView Display, Stereo speakers with Acer TrueHarmony Plus technology, Dialogue Enhancer, Volume Maximizer, Bass Enhancer, Surround Virtualizer
- 802. 11ac WiFi, Bluetooth, 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 2. 0 (Type-A), 1 x USB 3. 1 (Gen 1 Type-A), 1 x USB 3. 1 (Gen 1 Type-C), 1 x RJ-45, No optical Drive
- Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Operating System, 4-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery, Up to 5. 5 Hrs Battery Life, Color: Shale Black
4. Asus TUF – Top Gaming Laptop Under 1000
Another low-price, high-performance laptop, the Asus TUF series has been a long-standing example of what a budget PC can aspire to be. It’s stylish design and sleek profile houses a bonafide powerhouse interior, capable of any range of uses, from editing and rendering work to, of course, high-performance gaming.
This laptop uses an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor, well-known for its multi-core performance. Modern games tend to favor multi-core speeds, while older ones stick with single-core speeds, so AMD has been catching up to Intel in terms of game performance. For RAM, the laptop comes with 16GB DDR4 memory at 2400MHz, ensuring buttery-smooth performance on any multitasking scenario you can think of.
The Radeon RX 560X on this laptop comes with 4GB of GDDR5, more than enough to play any latest game in more than high settings at 1080p. And speaking of 1080p, the IPS FHD 15.6″ panel is adorned with a narrow 6.5mm bezel, complementing the sleek aesthetics of the Asus TUF laptops. The keyboard is also a red-backlit with a custom font on the keys, adding an extra layer of attitude to the whole package.
All of these components are kept cool by the dual-fan active cooling system with anti-dust technology. Dust blockades used to be feared and dreaded by laptop owners everywhere, but Asus has managed to implement a cleaning routine on their fans that ensure your laptop will remain cool and fresh under most usage circumstances.
- Amd Ryzen 5 3550H Processor and AMD Radeon RX 560x 4GB GDDR5 for superior gaming performance and multitasking
- 15.6” IPS level FHD display with 6.5mm narrow bezel for up to 77% screen to body ratio ; Extensive connectivity - Equipped with MicroSD card slot, USB Type C, USB Type A for all the latest peripherals.
- Portable design with 1.02” thin profile and weight of only 4.85 lbs; Durable MIL STD 810 military standard construction gaming laptop
- Dual fans with anti dust technology. Red Backlit keyboard rated for 20 million keystroke durability.Bluetooth 4.2, Gigabit wave 2 Wi Fi up to 1.73Gbps with 2x2 802.11AC ; Does not comes with DVD or SD card reader
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD; 16GB DDR4 RAM. Battery 48WHrs, 3S1P, 3 cell Li ion
3. HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop – Best Rated Laptop
This aptly-named laptop comes equipped with the most essential equipment for gaming at an enjoyable level and fit in almost any budget. It’s also a little less flashy than some other gaming laptops, ideal if you’re looking for a more discreet look or if you’re not a fan of red on black. Its full-size backlit keyboard has an island design with excellent traveling, ideal for typing sessions in-between some gaming.
HP arms these laptops with AMD’s second-generation Ryzen 5 3550H, and as we’ve said before, this processor really excels in multi-tasking performance and modern gaming; this ensures that the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop will be your go-to laptop for excellent performance in any task.
Nvidia’s GTX 1050 has become the standard for laptop gaming these days, and the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop also uses this graphics card, albeit using the 3GB GDDR5 model. While you won’t notice a significant loss in performance over the 4GB version, texture loading in some games might take a dip, especially in most demanding prices. This seems to be the compromise that HP took in order to hit that budget sweet-spot they were aiming for.
It’s Full HD 15.6” IPS panel has been sometimes reported to not be IPS at all, but rather an SVA display. This doesn’t mean you’ll get any less detail, but rather that colors won’t be as crisp as those seen in a real IPS display. Overall, it seems like HP managed to achieve a very nice balance between build quality and components to deliver a very nice budget-friendly laptop that’s ideal for newcomers and students alike.
- AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen 5 3550H Processor (Quad-core, 2.1 GHz Up To 3.7 GHz, 4 MB Cache), 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3GB GDDR5
- 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, 802_11_AC, Bluetooth 4.1, Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- Full-size Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 52.5WHr 3-cell lithium_ion, 4.96lb, Black
2. MSI GF63 – Thinnest Gaming Laptop
MSI basically created the whole ‘red-on-black’ style of gaming peripherals, and this line of laptops keeps in line with the style, with more than enough substance to back it up. Complete with a powerful processor, Nvidia graphics and an FHD IPS display, how MSI managed to keep this laptop below the $1000 mark is a mystery.
While most laptops in this price range opt for a Ryzen processor, MSI went all-out and included an i7 9th generation processor, the i7-9750H to be precise. This outstanding processor is a powerhouse of single-core performance, delivering amazing results in most games and rendering work. This is the laptop to get if you’re all about frames-per-second and quick, real-time rendering in programs like Adobe Premiere Pro.
The MSI GF63 also includes an Nvidia GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 as its main graphics card. Gaming performance won’t let you down any time soon while using this laptop, even if temperatures might get a little on the hot side. We recommend getting an additional cooling solution, like an external fan, if you’re planning to do long sessions of gaming or if you live in a hot or humid climate.
A simply beautiful 15.6″ IPS panel delivers vibrant colors and excellent clarity in full 1080p. The laptop’s HDMI port and powerful NVIDIA graphics card also allows you to plug this laptop to an external monitor and enjoy some 4K gaming or streaming. The laptop display is more than enough for high-resolution gameplay and movies on-the-go, so don’t worry about having to plug this laptop to a monitor any time you want to enjoy crisp visuals.
Overall, the MSI GF63 is a solid contender for the title of best gaming laptop, and an excellent choice for any kind of user. The use of an intel processor was a wise choice by MSI, as at increases the laptop’s overall performance in any task. This is the laptop to get if your plan is to get a PC that you’ll still use for more than a couple of years from now.
- Display: 15. 6" Fhd (1920*1080), IPS-Level 60Hz 45%ntsc thin Bezel 1920x1080 16: 9
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050ti 4G GDDR5
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750h 2. 6 - 4. 5GHz
- Memory: 8GB (8G*1) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 64GB
- Storage: 256GB NVMe SSD
1. Acer Nitro 7 – Best Performance Laptop
Acer has done it once again, achieving a perfect balance between price and performance with its updated Nitro series. The Acer Nitro 7 takes all the good parts of the Nitro 5 and takes them to the next level, including an updated graphics card, a 9th generation Intel processor and a decent-sized SSD to improve booting and loading times all across the board.
First off, the Intel i7-9750H delivers amazing performance for gaming and pretty much any kind of usage. Be it software development, video editing, gaming or even multi-tabbed web surfing, lag is pretty much a thing of the past with this processor. The 512GB SSD also guarantees a boost in performance and booting times that seem almost instantaneous.
The main attraction of the Nitro 7 is the new Nvidia GTX 1650: delivering the latest in graphics innovation from Nvidia, the inclusion of the 1650 model guarantees that this laptop is ready to use with VR peripherals like the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive. This graphics card comes with 4GB GDDR5, so texture loading and overall gaming performance are guaranteed to be top-notch.
The all-metal design is a great decision by Acer, providing the laptop with a premium feel that also guarantees a longer life and protection against minor falls. The thin design also means that the Nitro 7 has a sleek profile, ideal for the majority of carrying cases and for increased portability. This laptop is ideal for college students that need a powerful laptop to carry around on campus or commuting.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Upto 4.5 gramHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC )
- 8 GB DDR4 Memory, 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard | LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) | Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac Gigabit WiFi
If you’re looking to purchase the best gaming laptop under 1000, there are plenty of excellent options, especially the ones outlined within our list. These are the best options to choose from on Amazon which is why we have created this top 5 list for you. Whether you are looking for the highest rated, highest performing or just the best overall budget laptop, we recommend them all! Thank you for reading and be sure to let us know what you think. If you haven’t done so already, check out our other buying guides.