Best Gaming Keyboard Under 50
A fair number of PC gaming purists swear by the versatility that comes with the use of a keyboard over any console controller when playing most games on PC. Shooters and role-plating games are especially benefited from all the special functions that come with gaming keyboards, like programmable hotkeys and media controls. Still, some gaming enthusiasts do not splurge on a nice mechanical keyboard because they are too expensive. That is why we put together an affordable list that goes into detail on what the best gaming keyboard under 50 dollars will bring to the “gaming” table.
Not all gaming keyboards are expensive mechanical ones that will set you back a hundred bucks or so; lately, more and more keyboards are managing to offer a lot of the most sought-after functions from top-notch mechanical keyboards at a fraction of the price. In this list, we’ll take a look at the 7 best gaming keyboards under 50, in no particular order. If you’re building your own gaming rig on a budget, then this list will help you choose the best keyboard to take advantage of your gaming setup.
Just so you know, if you click on a product and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission.
Just below our price limit comes the SteelSeries Apex 3, a durable and customizable RGB keyboard that simply exudes gaming attitude. This keyboard comes with an IP32 certification, that means that water splashes and a little bit of dust build-up won’t leave a dent on it. Additionally, the Apex 3 comes with a magnetically detachable wrist rest, very useful in long gaming sessions.
SteelSeries really outdid themselves with the RGB lightning on this keyboard, delivering a fully customizable rainbow-like experience. You can personalize the light layout to your liking, choosing your favorite color scheme or reacting to some events during gameplay. This keyboard allows custom feedback, so the lights can be set to blink when you’re under fire, for example.
Mechanical keyboard enthusiasts might not be too attracted to the Apex 3, though. The whisper quiet switches on every key guarantee an almost silent experience when typing; if you enjoy feeling like using an old typewriter, with the classic ‘clank’ noise, then this isn’t the keyboard for you. The low friction and near silent key presses work wonderfully in gaming sessions, though, limiting distractions during gameplay.
If you like listening to music while you play, the SteelSeries Apex 3’s got you covered too. The keyboard’s dedicated multimedia controls allow you to quickly change tracks, and the innovative clickable metal roller can change the volume easily. Another helpful feature on the keyboard is the three-way cable routing, ideal for keeping your gaming space well-organized and tidy up all the cables from all your peripherals.
- OmniPoint adjustable switches allow for customization of actuation distance from 0.4 millimeter to 3.6 millimeter
- OLED smart display: An integrated command center for adjusting settings and tracking on the fly info straight from your game, Spotify, Discord, and more
- Aircraft grade aluminum alloy built for a lifetime of durability and stability
- RGB Illumination unmatched customization with 16.8 million colors per key
- Premium magnetic wrist rest: Provides full palm support and comfortable, ergonomic feel
Another fully featured keyboard just on the $50 line, the Corsair K55 has everything you’d need from any gaming keyboard. First things first, the IP42 rating means you can rest easy if you accidentally spill your drink over this keyboard. Those partial to the RGB aesthetic will really appreciate Corsair’s inclusion of a three-zone RGB backlighting system: even though it’s not a complete rainbow, it’s more than enough for completing your gaming LED build.
A great feature present in the K55 is the inclusion of macro keys, six to be precise. These macro keys allow you to remap gameplay functions to them, giving you an advantage during matches. Besides the macro keys, Corsair also included some dedicated media keys to control music and video playback. These are great for adjusting audio on the fly without distractions during gameplay.
On the comfort side of things, the Corsair K55 also includes a detachable palm rest. This palm rest features a soft-touch surface that feels comfortable even during prolonged gaming sessions. Corsair also opted for silent key switches on this device, so you won’t get the satisfaction of mechanical keys here either, but they’re comfortable enough to use when gaming or typing.
Corsair’s iCUE software helps you customize all your Corsair RGB devices, so if you have a Corsair mouse or other RGB enabled components, you can configure them to work in tandem and create a fancy-looking light display in your room. This program is also responsible for configuring all your macro keys’ functions.
It’s almost impossible to talk about gaming peripherals without mentioning the Razer name. The brand has long been known as a reference in top-notch quality and sleek presentation, and the Cynosa Chroma keyboard achieves an excellent balance between Razer’s iconic look and feel and an affordable price tag.
This colorful RGB keyboard really surprised us with its color LEDs, taking customization to the next level with up to 16.8 million color combinations. This personalization is controlled by Razer’s Synapse 3 software, and it actually allows you to sync your keyboard lights with the RGBs on your Razer mouse.
Razer opted for gaming-graded keys: these feel soft to the touch and are near silent, and actually feel very comfortable when playing or typing. Additionally, Razer added a protective coating that’s spill and dust resistant, so durability is another one of the Cynosa Chroma’s advantages, with the manufacturer assuring a life time of more than 80 million clicks.
Sadly, the Cynosa Chroma doesn’t come with dedicated multimedia keys. That said, the keyboard allows programmable macro keys, and also includes alternate function keys to control multimedia playback. Razer Synapse allows the user to store the macros on the cloud, which allows for a virtually unlimited amount of macro functions.
- All-Around Gaming Performance: Able to execute up to ten commands at the same time with built-in key rollover anti-ghosting
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 168 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Spill-Resistant Design: Built to withstand most accidental liquid splashes
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks with a 2 year manufacturer warranty
4. HyperX Alloy Core RGB – Budget Keyboard Under 50 Dollars
Quiet keys and flashy RGB lights meet in this gaming keyboard by well-known brand HyperX. While most associate this manufacturer with RAM sticks, HyperX is making great strides in the gaming peripherals market, and the Alloy Core RGB is a more than decent keyboard that will surely look amazing with the rest of your gaming equipment.
The RGB lighting on this keyboard works a little differently than what we’ve seen so far on the list. The Alloy Core RGB has a dedicated light button that cycles through 5 available light modes. While this allows for fast and easy lights customization, it also means that the arrangement possibilities are a bit limited. All that said, this keyboard has a light bar that we hadn’t seen yet on any keyboards on the list, and it looks quite flashy, especially in low-light rooms.
HyperX takes great pride in the silent keys used in this keyboard: they’re not just almost completely silent, they also include an anti-ghosting functionality, allowing the user more simultaneous key-presses. Without a doubt, we believe that this is arguably the best gaming keyboard under 50 dollars.
A great addition to this keyboard is its dedicated multimedia keys; thanks to them you won’t have to pause your game to change settings like volume or change the song you’re listening to. Besides the multimedia keys, HyperX also added a dedicated “Gaming Mode” key that disables certain functions that could get in your way during gameplay, like the Windows key.
- Signature Light Bar and dynamic RGB lighting effects so you can personalize your battle station and bring it to life with 6 preset LED lighting effects
- Durable solid Frame for long lasting durability and stability
- Quiet and Responsive Keys with Anti-Ghosting: Key rollover lets you press keys simultaneously and every keystroke will register and be perfectly executed in the order pressed as quickly as it was input. No lost keystrokes from simultaneous signals
- Spill Resistant to prevent damage from accidental spills
- Dedicated Media Controls so you can conveniently control media
5. Redragon K552 – Best Gaming Keyboard Under 50 Dollars
Redragon has been making a name for themselves as manufacturers of very good gaming peripherals with a very low price tag. Their keyboards are very well-received among consumers, and their low prices don’t correlate with the quality and care they seem to pour on their products.
The Redragon K552 is the first mechanical gaming keyboard on this list, with some pretty good switches that seem to emulate the Cherry MX Blues. Granted, they’re not real Cherry MX Blue switches, but they sure do feel more or less the same as the real thing, and for a fraction of the price, too. This keyboard is great if you’re looking to try a mechanical keyboard that’s inexpensive and looks very good with other gaming peripherals.
Unlike other gaming keyboards that aim for an almost weightless design, the Redragon K552 employs a metal and ABS plastic build that can stand up to the toughest of uses. Durability seems to be one of the targets of Redragon’s design here, also including limited spill resistance, a rarity among non-membrane keyboards.
This keyboard uses the tenkeyless or TKL design, a form-factor ideal for those with limited space on their desks. This choice is a double-edged sword, though, as it also means that this keyboard doesn’t include a classic number pad. Also, keep in mind that the RGB lighting on this keyboard only comes in red, and there’s no way to customize the color, only the intensity and some light patterns.
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical switches cherry mx red equivalent Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
A lesser-known brand isn’t a synonym of lesser quality, and the NPET K10 proves this with great results and a pretty decent build quality. This is another keyboard that opts for a mechanical feeling rather than a quiet one, and that makes it a delight when typing.
The keys on the NPET K10 are all independent switches, leaving aside the membrane that many manufacturers choose for their products. This choice results in a very sturdy feeling keyboard with a fast typing response and ergonomic keystroke feeling. Ergonomics seem to be a main focus on this keyboard, and the adjustable rear feet and keycap height really help when typing and in long gaming sessions.
As seems to be the norm in any respectable gaming keyboard, the NPET K10 includes a rainbow backlight RGB. This lighting allows some degree of customization, including “breathing” and brightness, and that includes color as well.
Even if the keyboard doesn’t include macro or dedicated multimedia keys, it incorporates 12 multimedia functions available through key combinations. These functions are more or less what we’ve come to expect from any keyboard, and it definitely counts as this keyboard biggest weakness.
- Professional Gaming Keyboard. UV coated keycaps and injection laser carving ABS keycaps design, the letter of characters never fade. Anti-sweat, prevents keycap damage, enhanced durability, and tactile feedback. Thick and firm stainless steel base plate, long service life, and never deforms. Metal and ABS construction make it more solid and reliable. NPET K10 gaming keyboard is more durable than the plastic keyboard, your best keyboard choice
- Colorful Illuminated Keyboard. 4 LED lighting backlit modes, breathing(7-color alternate). 3 Adjustable permanent mixed backlit modes, changeable breathing or permanent lighting mode. It can be great for playing the game at night even without light. You can also adjust the brightness and breathing speed of the backlit according to your preference
- 104 Keys Standard Keyboard. 13 multi media keys combinations, 26 keys non-conflict, strengthened space key. 13 combinations of multimedia keys facilitate the operation of your work or game and improve efficiency. Ergonomic design, ergonomics Arc keycap, smooth lines, comfortable feeling, and anti-fatigue. Perfect backlit gaming keyboard for gaming and office
- High-Quality Floating Keyboard. 2 angle feet on the back of the keyboard can adjust the keyboard height. All "core" water-resistant, triple protection design. Water-resistant keyboard prevents damage from spilled drinks or coffee. Anti-interference magnet ring, gold-plate interface and waterproof braid USB cables, guarantees stable data transmitting, and more durable than other PVC cables, not easily broken. Removable keycaps and free keycap puller, clean becomes easier
- Easy to Operate & Best Gift got Gamer. Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off, any key press will awaken and backlights on. User-friendly, quickly control, no driver needed. Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Mac OS, etc. ?We provide 30-day money back, 24-month replacement. Any questions please feel free to contact us.?
Small and to the point, the E-Element Z-88 is a no-nonsense gaming keyboard that prides itself in its purely gaming aesthetic and functions. Its TKL form-factor won’t woo many productivity enthusiasts, but it really comes as a blessing for those with reduced desk real state. That said, this is a very durable and comfortable keyboard that will work for many types of users.
This wouldn’t be a real gaming keyboard without RGB lighting, and E-Element managed to fit a quickly customizable light setup. Using the FN key in tandem with other keys allow for fast changing of the lights, including brightness, color and “breathing” effect.
The 81 keys anti-ghosting feature allows the user to combine almost every key available on the keyboard. The individual keys are stocked into an aluminum alloy panel, and the keyboard also includes three drainage holes to dispose of any spills.
Another function that’s rarely seen in this price range is a detachable micro-USB cord. The cord management is also top of the class, with a three-way channel to route the cable however you see fit. Rubber pads and a rubber holder keep your keyboard safely in place, ideal for intense gaming sessions. If intensity is what you are after, there is no better option for the best gaming keyboard under 50 dollars.
- ❤ Anti-ghosting 104 Keys. N-key rollover ▶ Allowing multi-keys to work simultaneously with high speed. Each key is controlled by independent switch, let you enjoy high-grade games with fast response
- ❤ Outemu DIY Blue Switches ▶ Custom mechanical switches designed for longevity, responsiveness, and durability. Mechanical keys with medium resistance, audible click sound, and tactile feedback. 50 million times keystroke test. Include 5 spare switches for replacement. Blue switch is clicky and audible
- ❤ Programable full RGB backlighting ▶ You can program all of the keys to be the same color/what color you want with no driver needed.10 RGB Backlighting mode with Fn+Ins. There is a solid color backlit mode. Double-shot keycaps for crystal clear backlighting and extreme durability
- ❤ Key Shortcuts and Ergonomic design ▶ Easy to access to calculator, email, web browser, volume, media etc with FN+F1-F12. Ergonomical design: the stepped keycap makes it sleek and thearc and slope fit your hands easily to prevent fatigue. Provides Windows Key lock for gaming
- ❤ Top Quality ▶ Metal and ABS construction, Gold plated USB connector Plate-mounted mechanical keys stand up to hardcore gaming.
We figured some of you would appreciate us putting together this list as we give our opinions of what the best gaming keyboard under 50 dollars looks like in terms of specs and abilities. Although 50 dollars is a lot of money for some, it may be a requirement to spend that amount if you are looking to play for hours on end with a keyboard that will last for a long time. Although a keyboard is usually the last item bought for a gaming setup, it is crucial if you want to be a competitive gamer. If you decide to buy one of these, let us know which one you went with and be sure to check out our other buying guides. Thank you for reading, let us know your thoughts.